Here is what’s going on Down Range at North Lawrence Fish and Game
Week ending Sunday October 29th 2023
Revised Trap Range Hours:
The trap range will be open on Sundays from 12 noon to 2 pm. The last Sunday shoot will be on November 19th. Additionally, the range will be open on Tuesdays from 5 pm to 7 pm. The last Tuesday shoot will be on October 31st. These dates are open to the public.
Club Office Hours:
The Club office will be open on Tuesday evenings from 5 pm to 7 pm and on Sundays from 12 noon to 2 pm for raffle ticket sales and other Club business.
Important Date Change:
The second Turkey shoot will now be held on Sunday, October 29th. Doors open at 8 am, and shooting starts at 9 am. Breakfast will be available.
- Steel Challenge Shoot: Sunday, November 19th. Contact Don Bates at 330-309-6903 to reserve a spot on the schedule.
- Indoor Archery Program: Starting Sunday, November 5th. This program is open to kids of all ages who are interested in archery.
- At the Membership meeting in October, we had our first round of nominations for officers for 2024. The second round of nominations will be during the November membership meeting. If you are interested in being on the Board, let us know.
- Traders Day Event: Mike Heaberlin is willing to head up a committee to put on a trader’s day event at the club. We have done this at the Club in the past, and Mike is willing to get it started again. If you are willing to help, contact Mike at 330-807-0810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weekly Euchre Games: Every Friday evening at 7 pm. Plenty of room for more tables and players. Call Joe for details at 330-353-0337.
- The raffle for an M1 Carbine is sold out, and the winner will be drawn at the November membership meeting.
- The next gun raffle will be for a choice of an M1 Carbine or an M1 Garand. Tickets are $10.00 each, limited to 200 tickets. Stop by the Clubhouse during open hours to purchase tickets.
Coming Up in November:
I just got off the phone with Art Karas. He is planning an M1 Garand match for the second weekend in November. This will be shot at 200 yards on our range. More details to come soon on the website. So get Grandpa’s old rifle out of the safe, clean it, service it, and get to the range to sight it in.
- New Member Recruitment: Help the Club by signing up new members. If you hear someone talking about Firearms, ask them where they shoot. Tell them about our club and bring them out for a tour of the place. Signing up new members will help keep membership costs down. If half of our members would sign up a new member, it would really help out.
- Volunteer Opportunities: If anyone would like to volunteer to help out at the Club, give us a call at 330-832-2411.
Hope to see you at the Club!